OSSD – Ontario Secondary School Diploma
International students are welcome to register at USCA Academy!
We invite you to be one of many students around the globe who plan to pursue their education in well-reputed North American Universities. USCA Academy helps you to accomplish your dreams. Sign up and send your application today to begin your journey to a prestigious North American University.
This program is designed for students who wish to obtain a high school diploma in Canada.
This Program is designed for students who have not completed high school studies in their respective countries and wish to pursue their studies in a prestigious Canadian or American University. Students who enrolled in this program at USCA Academy and successfully complete the program requirements will get the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). USCA Academy will assist all students who complete their OSSD at USCA Academy to get admission to any Canadian or International University at their choice.
In addition to supporting students to achieve academic excellence as well as the practical skills necessary for success after high school, USCA Academy provides an independent learning environment which focuses on Social Skills, Organizational skills, time management, self-discipline, self-confidence, and life skills.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Graduates from middle schools and current course takers of Grades 9, 10,11 and 12 (or current course takers in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB), O-level).
- Credit Transfer. Based on the standards of the Ontario Ministry of Education, courses which were taken in their home country can be transferred and receive a credit which is required by the OSSD.
- Courses are a total of 110 hours and can be taken in the morning, afternoon and evening.
- There is also a flexible schedule and start date, which can help students save energy and time.
- Our Academic Guidance Counselor will help students one-on-one and assist them in their personal study plan
In order to get an OSSD, students must obtain 30 high school course credits (which include 18 compulsory courses and 12 optional courses). Students need also finish 10 hours of community involvement per year, and successfully pass the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test (OSSLT).
Benefits for students
There are many major benefits for students if they choose the OSSD program.
- Best Quality Canadian Curriculum – This program is developed based on the Ontario Ministry of Education, Canada and will exceed all curriculum expectations set out the Ministry of Education, Canada.
- World recognized Qualification –Ontario Secondary School Diploma is a world-recognized qualification and is the admission requirement for most universities in the world.
- Best teachers and Small class size: USCA Academy’s primary focus is student success. We have an excellent teaching faculty to educate our children. With a small class size, we provide a highly personalized learning experience to our students.
- Guaranteed University Admission – Completing OSSD will give students guaranteed admission to a Canadian university or university in any other country.
- Semester structure –OSSD is a semester-based program that consists of four semesters. The student may have flexibility in choosing their subjects in these semesters.
- Continuous Assessment – Students will be assessed and evaluated based on the principals of assessment for learning, assessment as learning and assessment of learning. 70% of the grade will be from the assessments and evaluations through the semester and 30% of the grade will be from the final exam at the semester end. This would allow students to build their confidence during the course and minimize any failure risk.
- Use of Technology – Student will be able to access their learning material through an online learning portal that gives them 24x7 access for learning.
- Opportunity work and migrate to Canada. Students after completing undergraduate studies may be able to work up to three years and migrate to Canada
Top Five Reasons to Study in Canada
- Work and Migration Opportunity after graduation
- World-Renowned Universities and qualifications
- High-Quality Education at an affordable cost
- One of the best places in the world to work and live.
- Peaceful, politically stable and safe country
The school will evaluate international students’ courses which were taken in their home country; one of the necessary requirements for credit transfer is a complete and official transcript. The school will compare the courses students took in their home country with Canadian courses, and evaluate how many credits the student can get.
We provide lunch (not included in the program fee) and can be registered for the entire duration of registration or for specific weeks, at any time during the summer. Our lunch is composed of pizza and juice.
|Grade/Level Completed||Foreign Credit Equivalent||2Grade Qualified in Ontario|
|Junior High / Form 3||8||Grade 9|
|Senior High School year 1/ form 1||16||Grade 10|
|Senior High School 2/ Form 5||22||Grade 11|
|Senior High School 3/ Form 6||24||Grade 12|